I recently finished a small web application related to Brightcove Video Marketing tool and I used Angular to spice things up. I was very excited as everything turned out beyond my personal expectation and couldn't wait to deploy the project. So the deployment day comes and everything works as expected until I browse the deployed project in IE 11! Typical web developers headache! Now don't get me wrong I always use IE when I develope my projects, not because I am a Microsoft fan, or I think IE 10+ has a decent enough F12 tools ;). It's just when things work in IE, they work everywhere (not really but in most cases). And if you just stopped reading this post because I use IE, please continue, I am typing this in Firefox and my main browser is Chrome! Anyways, after a bit digging I realized the problem is a missing header on my page related to the document compatibility. Here is a good summary of what is happening and why do we need document compatibility in IE. There are various way that I could fix the problem. Obviously I can go to every page and add a header meta tag like this:

 <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9"> 

But since I am ASP.NET developer I can go to my layout page and prevent the painful procedure of making sure all my pages have the meta tag in the header. And then there is the case of I am working on a very large project with a couple of layout pages. As expected, there is a solution in web.config which can save the trouble:

            <clear /> 
            <add name="X-UA-Compatible" value="IE=9" />